Society – improving people’s health
Getting medicines available for people and healthcare is the cornerstone of our business. Through this responsible role in society, we are an essential part of the entire healthcare value chain.
Oriola’s services and solutions promote medicine availability in many ways. We support pharmaceutical companies in bringing medicines to market and developing effective pharmacotherapy. Our pharmaceutical distribution ensures safe and on-time deliveries of medicines and other health product to pharmacies, hospital pharmacies and veterinarians. We support consumers in safe medicine usage through our dose-dispensing, patient support and medical information services.
In this area, Oriola’s long-term sustainability goal is to improve people’s health, which has become a special priority during the COVID-19 pandemic. To achieve this goal, we have set the following intermediate targets:
- developing new health-promoting services,
- ensuring high-quality pharmaceutical deliveries in our operating countries,
- promoting safe and correct usage of medicines, and
- extending the choice of sustainable products to cover 20% of the private label range in Sweden by the end of 2022.*
* The sustainability programme has covered Oriola's Kronans Apotek pharmacy chain in Sweden until 3 October 2022, when it was combined with Apoteksgruppen into a new company.